Venue: The newly-refurbished Ballroom at the Haycock Hotel, Wansford, PE8 6JA
Time: Drinks reception at 7.15pm for a sit-down meal at 7.45pm
Cost: Tickets are priced at £45.00 per head, with a reduced price for trainees of £30.00 per head
Dress code: Black tie
The price includes a 3 course meal, cheese and biscuits, tea and coffee, some wine and entertainment. Tables will be tables of 10.
We are also delighted to confirm that our Guest Speaker will be Baroness Hazel Byford DBE, who:
- was appointed to the House of Lords in 1996;
- is particularly interested in agricultural and countryside issues as she is a former farmer;
- was Opposition Spokesperson for Food, Farming and Rural Affairs between 1998 and 2007; and
- currently holds the position of President in Linking Environment and Farming, Women's Food and Farming Union, Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers and Leicestershire Clubs for Young People.
As in previous years, there will be presentations for Trainee Lawyer of the Year and Young Lawyer of the Year (solicitors and barristers up to 5 years' PQE) along with a prize for each winner.
Young lawyers and trainees/pupils can either nominate themselves (with their application endorsed by their supervisor) or be nominated by their supervisors directly if they are too modest to put themselves forward. However, applications are encouraged to complete the form as the judges noted last year that hearing from the individuals themselves was very persuasive. Nominations should be sent to Sarah Adlam (email@example.com) by 4pm on Friday 24 March 2017.
Accommodation and parking
If our attendees would like to stay overnight at the Haycock on the night of the Annual Dinner, the cost of a double room is £92 bed and breakfast. Please liaise with the Haycock Hotel directly to make any bookings.
Car parking is available on site.
Booking / payment
Please confirm your attendance to Kirstie Sowter on firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Wilcox on email@example.com and make payment by 17 March 2017. To make a booking, please let us know:
1. How many tickets you require;
2. Whether any of the attendees are trainees/pupils
3. Whether any of the attendees have any dietary requirements
We will send you an invoice with our payment details.
We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible!