Thank you, and happy quizzing!
The answers will be posted on Monday 23 November.
AWARDS, MEDALS, GONGS AND OTHER GEWGAWS
- Which Musical took Broadway by storm winning 13 Tony’s in 2014 as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and 6 Oliviers in 2018 when it came to the West End?
- Which British Actress won the 2018 Best Actress in a Play Tony Award having won two Best Actress Oscars and a Best Actress Emmy back in the early 1970s, thus completing the American Triple Crown of Acting?
- Which British Artist is the only person to have won 2 Brit Awards for Best Album in this decade, also winning 2 Brits for Best Single and 2 Grammys for Best Song of the Year which are also both unique achievements?
- Name either of the Film Directors who won the Best Director Oscar twice during this decade.
- Which British Actress won the Olivier for Best Actress in 2013 and the Tony for Best Actress in a Play in 2015 for her performance in The Audience?
- Which British Actor, Director, Writer and TV Presenter won the 2012 Tony for Best Actor in a Play, 2 BAFTAs, 9 EMMYs and found the time to present the Brit Awards from 2011-2014 inclusive?
- Who has won the British Television Award either for Best Entertainment Presenter or Best TV Presenter every year of the decade?
- With 4, which Soap won the most British TV Awards for Best Serial Drama during the decade?
- Which novel by Hilary Mantel won the Booker Prize, Costa Prize and the Specsavers National Book Award all in 2012, and the South Bank Show Sky Arts Award for Book of the Year in 2013?
- Which 2019 arts prize was awarded to all the 4 short-listed finalists, Lawrence Abu Hamdan, Helen Cammock, Oscar Murillo and Tai Shani, after they had requested that they should all be considered as a single group?
BRUCIE’S HIGHER OR LOWER
In this round I will give you 10 events from each one of the years in the past decade and in each case you must decide whether the year it happened is higher or lower than the year of the prior event. Your starting point is 1 minute past midnight on 1st January 2015, i.e. the mid point of the decade. So, if you think the year of the first event I am about to give you happened after 2015 then your answer, in good Brucie fashion, would be higher. I don’t want to know the actual year, I just want the answer you write down, to be Higher or Lower.
So, starting at 1 minute past midnight on the morning of 1st January 2015, and following Brucie’s Higher or Lower:
- Well, talking of whom: Sir Bruce Forsyth died.
- The Artist won the Best Film Oscar and in so doing became the first silent film since 1927 to do so.
- United Nations Climate Change Conference COP21 held in Paris.
- Tiger Woods won his 5th Masters at Augusta, his first since 2005 and first Major since 2008.
- Justin Trudeau elected Prime Minister of Canada.
- First iPad issued in the US.
- The Crown made its debut on Netflix.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing over the Indian Ocean.
- The UK’s best-selling album of the Decade, 21, by Adèle was released.
- England Women’s Netball team win Commonwealth Gold by beating Australia 52-51 thanks to Helen Housby’s last second winner.