CRIMES & MISDEMENOURS
- Stamford’s own Colin Dexter wrote the novels on which the TV show Morse was based; but, first showing in 2006, what was the sequel called?
- Broadcast between 2014 and 2016 what was the English name of the first and so far only crime drama to have been identically recorded in separate Welsh and English versions – as in same actors, same story, same scenes; in Welsh it was called Y Gwyll?
- Who played the eponymous Chief Inspector in the 2016 remake Georges Simenon’s Maigret, first televised back in the 1950s and 1960s?
- Which UK Detective series debuted in 2013 and in the first series focussed on the death of 11 year old Danny Latimer?
- What was the name of the British/French TV drama, starring Stephen Dillane and Clémence Poésy and first aired in 2013, which was an adaptation of the Danish/Swedish co-production known in English as The Bridge?
- Back in 2015 in which UK Soap did the character Rob Sugden murder his stepbrother’s wife Katie Sugden, and later, in a completely different storyline, threatened to shoot his own husband Aaron?
- Played by Sofie Grøbel, the Detective Sarah Lund, famous for wearing Faroe Island Jumpers, appeared in the 3 series of which Danish Crime Drama?
- Which British Crime Drama written by Paul Abbott starred Joanna Scanlon as DI Vivienne Dearing?
- Which BAFTA TV Award winning British drama series, first airing in September 2013, and ending its 5th series last autumn, follows the exploits of the Shelby crime gang?
- Still airing in the 2010s, which TV Crime Drama set in Sweden, starred Krister Henriksson in the original Swedish version and Kenneth Branagh in the British version?
HACTHES, MATCHES AND DISPATCHES
In which year of the last decade did the following happen, there’s one from each year:
- Hatched: Zachary son to Elton John and David Furnish; Matched: Prince William and Catherine Middleton; Dispatched: Osama Bin Laden
- Hatched: Reggie, son of Jessica Ennis-Hill and husband Andy; Matched: George and Amal Clooney; Dispatched: Robin Williams
- Hatched: Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher, son of Jacob and Helena Rees-Mogg; Matched: Pippa Middleton and James Matthews; Dispatched: Roger Moore
- Hatched: Florence daughter of PM David Cameron and Samantha C; Matched: Calista Flockhart and Harrison Ford; Dispatched: Alex Higgins
- Hatched: Lucy and Nicholas, twin children of Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias; Matched: Princess Eugenie and James Brooksbank; Dispatched: Aretha Franklin
- Hatched: Prince George, son of Kate and Wills; Matched: Tina Turner and Erwin Bach; Dispatched: David Coleman
- Hatched: Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger, 8th child of Mick Jagger, and this time Melanie Hamrick; Matched: Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch; Dispatched: David Bowie
- Hatched: Archie Harrison, son of Megan and Harry; Matched: Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev Dispatched: Niki Lauda
- Hatched: Blue Ivy Carter, daughter of Beyoncé and J-Zee; Matched: Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty; Dispatched: Whitney Houston
- Hatched: Saint West, son of Kanyé West and Kim Kardashian; Matched: Andy Murray and Kim Sears; Dispatched: Leonard Nimoy